Students will each produce an elevator pitch for a publication, including:
- A contents page
- A mock-up – a crude physical representation of your publication using what you have on hand. Consider: scale, medium, content, audience, space
- Wild-card – a document of your own choosing that supports your publication pitch (e.g. a collage, render, drawing, precedent images)
You will have 1 hour to complete this task.
- How can the format or medium dictate the reading/interpretation of a publication?
- How can you manipulate/alter/subvert the materials you have on hand?
- How does scale, space and hierarchy affect the relationship and understanding of content?
Work with what you have available to you.
The workshop will conclude with a series of fast-paced presentations where individuals and groups will need to present a pitch for their publication.